Schools Recycle Right Challenge Competition
WIN a recycled outdoor seat or eWood garden kit for your school
This year we’re encouraging your students to improve and demonstrate their recycling knowledge by taking part in one of a range of different challenges/activities using resources from our website. Students from Early Learning, Primary and High School can choose an age appropriate activity and submit their entry for the competition.
What’s the competition?
Choose any ONE of the following challenges/activities:
- Writing: Submit a writing task based on one of the 3 NEW Cool Australia Writing Lessons.
- Photo/video/poster design: Submit a photo/video/poster design that demonstrates a change of behaviour which led to reduced waste through re-use or recycling. These will potentially be used as a new Schools Recycle Right Challenge resources next year! Remember to include the benefits of the changed behaviour such as the amount of waste saved from landfill, increases in recycling, resources saved or other benefits. For ideas visit our Recycling Information page.
- Art display: Design a visual art display using upcycled material and submit photos and a short summary of how it was put together, why those materials were chosen and what they were trying to communicate (200 words max). Our Arts & Crafts Guide can get you started with some ideas.
- New recycling system: Set up a NEW recycling system, using the schools guide, and document by writing up a short report (200 words max) and submitting photos or a video.
- Waste free challenge: Using the Waste Free Lunch Guide or instructions to conducting a waste audit in the How To Set Up A Recycling System Guide (p6), measure how much waste can be reduced and challenge other classes to see who can produce the least amount of waste. Submit a short report (200 words max) and photos or a video.
How to submit your entry
To be eligible to enter, schools or early learning centres must be registered as part of the Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge. Register here. Different classes from the one school can enter separately. Entries close Thursday, 23 November 2017.
- Each Schools Recycle Right Challenge coordinator may email UP TO THREE entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to submit a video please email us at the above address and we will send a link to submit the video via a dropbox. Videos must be in MP4 format and no longer than 2mins.
- Please include the name of your school, class and provide contact details.
- Note: Photos and videos may be displayed online by Planet Ark or its sponsors/stakeholders. Please ensure any photos or videos of students have permission to be used.
Prizes and Winners
Our favourite submission from each state and territory will win a Replas 900mm Kimberley seat with plaques worth $439 (8 prizes with a total value of $3,512). We will also be choosing 3 national runners-up who will win 1 x single-tier eWood Raised Garden Bed kit (total prize value $600).
For helpful tips and strategies for educating students about sustainability and creating a more sustainable school, sign up to our GreenSchools eNewsletter.