Schools Recycle Right Challenge Competition
WIN a Replas recycled outdoor seat for your school
This competition has now closed, we received an excellent range of submissions and thank you to all who took part. The worthy winners are:
- WA - East Victoria Park Education Support
- SA - Prospect North Primary School
- NSW - Coffs Harbour Public School
- VIC - Our Lady Help of Christians School
- ACT - Arawang Primary School
- QLD - Warick West State School
No submissions were received from TAS or NT.
This year we encouraged students to increase and demonstrate their recycling knowledge by taking part in one of a range of different challenges/activities using resources from our website. Students and teachers from Early Learning, Primary and High School chose an age appropriate activity and submitted their entry for the competition.
What's the competition?
Choose any ONE of the following challenges/activities:
1. Submit evidence (piece of writing, video, photos, etc) that your students have used one of Cool Australia's National Recycling Week lesson plans:
2. Submit a photo/video/poster design to be used for as a new Schools Recycle Right Challenge resource next year that demonstrates behaviour change to reduce, reuse or recycle waste. Include the benefits of the behaviour change such as the amount of waste saved from landfill, increases in recycling, resources saved or other benefits. For some ideas visit our recycling information page.
3. Design a visual art display using upcycled material and submit photos and a short summary of how it was put together, why those materials were chosen and what they were trying to communicate (200 words max). Our Arts and Crafts Guide can get you started with some ideas.
4. Set up a NEW recycling system, using our guide, and document by writing up a short report (200 words max) and submitting photos or a video.
5. Take the waste free challenge - using the Waste Free Lunch Guide or instructions to conducting a waste audit in the How To Set Up A Recycling System Guide (p6), measure impact of reducing waste and challenge other classes to see who can produce the least amount of waste. Submit a short report (200 words max) and submit photos or a video.
How to submit your entry
To be eligible to enter, schools or early learning centres must be registered as part of the Schools Recycle Right Challenge. Register here!
Different classes from the one school can enter separately. Entries close Friday, 23 November 2018.
Email UP TO THREE photos or documents of your students undertaking their learning activity to email@example.com
- If you wish to submit a video please email us at the above address and we will send a link to submit the video via a dropbox. Videos must be in MP4 format and no longer than 2mins.
- Please include the name of your school, class and provide contact details.
- Note: Photos and videos may be displayed online by Planet Ark or its sponsors/stakeholders. Please ensure any photos of students have permission to be used.
Prizes and Winners
Our favourite submission from each state/territory will win a Replas outdoor 900mm Kimberley Seat with engraved plaque (valued at $611.52).
See Terms and Conditions.
For helpful tips and strategies for educating students about sustainability and creating a more sustainable school, sign up to the GreenSchools eNewsletter.