Guides and Activities
Below are a range of free guides, games and activities to give you some ideas for our School Recycle Right Challenge. You can use one or more of these or create your own!
The range includes:
- Schools Friday File Fling - Clear out all the unused, unwanted yet good quality paper that's stashed away in filing cabinets, folders and storage rooms at your school. The FFF is a fun way to engage staff and students in an activity that has real environmental benefits!
- Schools Big Aussie Swap - A School Swap Party is where participants from your school community bring good quality items they no longer want and exchange them for other items. It’s fun, free and has a strong, positive environmental benefits.
- Recycled arts and crafts and Festive arts and crafts projects are a great way to stimulate children's creativity, reinforce the key messages about the importance of reusing and recycling AND have a lot of fun!
- Waste-Free Lunch Challenge - designed to get students and parents aware of over-packaging in food and minimise waste at lunch times.
- School Recycling Games - an engaging, entertaining way for students to learn about the environmental benefits of recycling and how to ‘recycle right’. The physical elements of the Games will also help develop students’ fitness, motor coordination, agility, flexibility and teamwork skills.
- Kids Activity Sheets - Children in preschool and early primary grades will enjoy learning about recycling with these activity sheets, colouring-in sheets, comic strips and more.
Festive Recycled Arts and Crafts Guide
Waste Free Lunch Guide
Help minimise packaging waste during lunch times with our Waste Free Lunch Challenge activities and resources
Recycled Arts and Crafts Guide
Schools Recycling Games Guide
Reinforce the Recycle Right message whilst having fun and being active!