Look Who's Recycled 30 Million Cartridges
Author: Ryan Collins
Well done Australia! We've just reached a MASSIVE milestone - 30 million cartridges collected through 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' since the program began in 2003!!
In terms of environmental benefits, you've helped us divert over 13,100 tonnes of cartridges from landfill, as well as significant water, energy and resource savings as a result of the recycled materials being used in other products.
'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' provides free recycling for individuals and workplaces. New and innovative products such TonerPave™ (a new type of road surface that uses recycled toner in its manufacture), eWood® and rulers are all made from recycled printer cartridges.
In partnership with the participating manufacturers, Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta and Kyocera, and resource recovery partner Close the Loop, this voluntary extended producer responsibility program is one of the most successful of its kind in Australia, contributing to the global circular economy.
To help us reach our target of 31 million cartridges recycled by March 2016:
- Find a free drop off point near you and tell your friends and family, or
- See if your workplace can become a collection point at no cost.
Ryan is the Head of Sustainable Resource Programs at Planet Ark. After nearly a decade working in the banking and finance industry Ryan was drawn to a career in environmental conservation that saw him work in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji. With a background in psychology and environmental management, Ryan’s role at Planet Ark since 2012 has been focused on developing engaging and positive environmental behaviour change programs to help everyone recycle and reduce waste.
- Sustainable printing? Yes, it is possible! »
- Cartridges 4 Planet Ark nails product stewardship at a time when most are finding their feet »
- Who's in the top ten returners for Cartridges 4 Planet Ark? »
- Recycle your schools' printer cartridges in May to help protect our beaches »
- Research reveals Australia's most trusted recycling program »
- Important green dates for the 2019 school calendar »
- We're celebrating 40 million cartridges saved from landfill »
- The new regifting - giving recycled products »
- Close the Loop winners at 2018 Hume Business Awards »
- New research sheds light on Australian attitudes towards environmental sustainability »
- Lake Macquarie Council paving the way for recycled roads »
- NSW gets its own revolutionary road »
- Where are we with e-waste recycling? »
- Budding Australian solutions for plastic waste »
- Did your council or workplace make the top ten? »
- Cartridges 4 Planet Ark celebrates 15 years of recycling with Layne Beachley »
- How Cartridges 4 Planet Ark is part of the solution to plastic pollution »
- Find out how Cartridges 4 Planet Ark is part of the solution to plastic pollution »
- Compatible printer cartridges are not what you think they are »
- Epson elevates commitment to cartridge recycling »
- Did Your Council or Workplace Make the Top Ten? »
- Thanks Australia! 13,500 Printer Cartridges Recycled Every Working Day »
- An Impressive 10 Million and Counting »
- Printer Cartridges are Driving Innovation »
- Soft Plastic - Scrunch and Recycle »
- Zero Waste Audit Results for 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' Program Partner »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- You made June our Biggest Month Ever! »
- A Quick Recycling Guide To 3 Tricky Items »
- Selfie Challenge Winners »
- Printage Cartrij? Printer cartres? Printer Cartridges? »
- Reimagining Rubbish as a Resource »
- Selfie Challenge - #WhatsNotToLove »
- Electrify Recycling »
- What's In a Label? »
- Is it Gold For Australia? »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »