Mother's Day green gift ideas
Author: Sara McGregor
Mother’s Day is a wonderful day to show your mum you care, but the hype and commercialism around the day can be overwhelming!
All most mothers want is to spend quality time with their children and families, so here are some ideas that won’t break the bank or the planet:
- Plant a tree together, or gift her a plant in a pot that can keep on growing at home.
- Buy her an experience, like lunch out, a facial or a massage.
- Ask her what she wants so your gift won’t end up disused and dusty in a cupboard.
- Give her a reusable coffee mug or water bottle – they look great and help counteract the enormous amount of waste generated by single use cups and bottles.
- Offer to do something nice for her, like household chores you wouldn’t normally do or cook her a fancy meal at home.
- Give her a voucher to an eco store where she can pick what she’d like from sustainable and fair trade products.
- Make her breakfast in bed - bonus points for organic free range eggs!
- Organise a picnic lunch with the family.
- The easiest and best thing of all: Tell her you love and appreciate her!
Happy Mother’s Day!
- National Tree Day Research 2018: Connect in Nature »
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
- National Tree Day is this weekend! »
- Scientist Discover Massive New Forests »
- Inspiration is in Our Nature »
- Get Crafty this Christmas »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- 5 Photos You Can Take to Help the Environment »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Community Garden Transformation Competition 2016 »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Community Garden Competition »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- The Importance of Green Public Spaces »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Inspirational teachers share their story on improving student performance (CPD points) »
- Back at work? keep that vacation feeling with some 'Green' time... »
- What does January mean for a Christmas Tree? »
- Give someone a (indoor) tree this Christmas! »
- Discount Tickets for 'dirtgirl's get grubby the musical' at the Opera House »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- Awake to the Fun of Recycling »
- Reduce Your Pet's Paw Print »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- A Rock 'N' Roll Tree Day »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- The art of upcycling »
- Happy Eco-Easter! »
- Clean Clothes for Sensitive Souls »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »
- The Real Tree Day Stars - Our Site Coordinators »
- Turning Trash Into Treasure »