Celebrate Cool Australia's Enviroweek
Author: Ryan Collins
Cool Australia’s Enviroweek (11 – 17 September) is a time to have fun, celebrate and engage Aussie kids in waste, gardening, energy and health projects. It’s all about positive everyday choices for them, their school and our environment. And with over 318,000 kids taking action, there are so many ways your school can get involved.
Teachers and educators can use Cool Australia ‘How-to-guides’ and lesson plans for inspiration or continue and showcase existing projects already underway. The People’s Choice Awards also provide participants with a way to showcase action to your community.
Recycle Rescue Lessons + More
One way to get involved is to use Cool Australia’s lesson plans that use the Recycle Rescue game or creative thinking to educate students about recycling and electronic waste.
- Recycle Rescue App – Primary
- From Trash to Treasure – Year 3 & 4
- Recycle Rescue App – Secondary
- Recycle Rescue App – Trivia Quiz – Years 7 & 8
Find out more about Enviroweek.
Ryan is the Head of Sustainable Resource Programs at Planet Ark. After nearly a decade working in the banking and finance industry Ryan was drawn to a career in environmental conservation that saw him work in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji. With a background in psychology and environmental management, Ryan’s role at Planet Ark since 2012 has been focused on developing engaging and positive environmental behaviour change programs to help everyone recycle and reduce waste.
- Sydney Catholic school the first in Australia to be constructed out of mass timber »
- Monash Uni welcomes new CLT student accommodation »
- Consumers choose Planet Ark as Australia's most ethical and sustainable organisation »
- Clean up your waste with the Australasian Recycling Label »
- AFPA calls for 400,000 hectares of trees to be planted »
- New National Construction Code to increase demand for timber products »
- Tzannes adds to series of engineered timber buildings with design for UNSW »
- Important green dates for the 2019 school calendar »
- 4 dos and don'ts of creating behaviour change (part 1) »
- NSW EPA announces recycling, organics and infrastructures grants and awards »
- A new way to strengthen trust in recycling »
- Macquarie University Incubator wins major Educational Facilities Awards »
- Planet Ark urges Ipswich Council to reverse decision to send valuable materials to landfill - and the Council agrees »
- Planet Ark pays tribute to former Head of Campaigns, Brad Gray »
- Brock Commons - Mass Wood for the Masses »
- Schools Recycle Right Challenge Winners »
- The Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge Kicks Off »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- Meet the Tree Day Team - We're Here to Help »
- WIN a $7,500 makeover for your school this National Tree Day! »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- Happy Eco-Easter! »