A power positive partnership for businesses
Author: Rachel Rayner
Planet Ark knows businesses are integral to supporting sustainable, reliable energy in Australia. That’s why we have partnered with GoZERO to create Planet Ark Power: a solar engineering and technology company producing sophisticated clean energy and battery storage systems. The aim is to help businesses capitalise on their rooftop space to lower their energy costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
Currently, solar technology works best when the sun is at its peak – during the middle of the day. At this time, the sun is emitting about 400 trillion trillion watts of power onto the Earth every hour. In each solar panel, the visible light from the sun (rather than UV or infrared light) gives electrons in the panel enough energy to move, creating an electrical current that is harvested and used as power.
With 12 million people at work and 4 million children at school in Australia during this peak energy production time, solar-powered homes are harvesting wasted electricity. However, commercial solar has the ability to use solar energy during the day to power everything, from their employee’s laptops to heavy-duty machinery. Businesses, organisations and schools are in a prime position to benefit from solar technology.
Australia is a world leader in per capita residential solar installations, but we are lagging behind in the commercial space. With the cost of solar now less than the cost of most alternative electricity sources, it makes sense to use the free energy from the sun (a small part of those trillions and trillions of watts) to operate businesses and organisations.
Planet Ark Power is positioned to help businesses make the transition to a clean energy source. With technologies designed to optimise energy usage and reduce dependency on the main power grid, business owners have the opportunity to invest in their company’s future while being a part of the climate-change solution.
What can your business do now?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free, no obligation energy usage report, along with a site installation report with comprehensive financial modelling and forecasts.
- Need help with convincing your workplace to go solar? Check out our employee tips.
- Discover how our solar solution works if you lease your business premises
- Discover how our solar solution works if you own your business premises
Find out how to reduce the carbon footprint of your business, visit www.planetark.org/power
For more ideas to make your workplace more sustainable, visit https://planetark.org/at-work.cfm
After eight years as a science communicator around the globe, Rachel wanted to concentrate on supporting the environment and discussing energy generation. At Planet Ark she can do both – putting her studies in physics, arts and communication to good use.
- Regis Aged Care furthering its renewable energy commitment »
- Planet Ark Power presents at the 24th World Energy Congress »
- How one school in Queensland is saving 40% on their energy bills »
- Planet Ark Power and Regis Aged Care partnership to build a brighter future »
- Planet Ark Power Wins Global Energy Award »
- Planet Ark partnership bringing clean energy to schools »
- A power positive partnership for schools »
- California commits to 100% clean energy by 2045 »
- Ireland divests from fossil fuels in world first »
- How one employee implemented change that's good for both the business and the environment »
- Carbon Neutral Community Precincts »
- Car Dealership Installs State of the Art Solar Power Plant »
- Schools are going solar with Planet Ark Power »
- Australia's Tallest Engineered Timber Building to be Built in Brisbane »
- Spotted Gum and Ironbark Feature in ICC Sydney »
- Two More Wood Encouragement Policies Introduced in Western Australia »
- Kaikoura District Council Building Survives Major Earthquake Unscathed »
- Construction Commences on a 10-storey CLT Luxury Retirement Village in Sydney »
- National Centre for Timber Durability and Design Life Launched »
- Low Carbon Football Stadium Made of Sustainably Sourced Wood »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Planet Ark Launches 100% Recycled Office Paper »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
- Taking Shape - South Australia's First Timber Apartment Building »
- 5 Photos You Can Take to Help the Environment »
- Marist College, Bendigo Wins Sustainability Category in the 2016 Australian Timber Design Awards »
- New Nelson Airport to Showcase Engineered Wood »
- Construction Milestone for World's Tallest Mass Timber Building »
- East Gippsland Shire Council Adopts a Wood Encouragement Policy »
- Landmark Timber Skyscraper to be Built in Amsterdam »
- Using Timber to Assist in the Transition to a Low Carbon Economy - A UN Report »
- First Shipment of CLT Arrives in Campbelltown »
- Official Opening of the Centre for Future Timber Structures at UQ »
- Come and Join us at SEE Sustainable Experience »
- Keeping Warm for the Planet »
- World's Tallest Mass Timber Building Is Underway In Vancouver »
- 57m Tall Timber Building Wins Competition In France »
- Fashionable Questions - Who Made Your Clothes and Where Do They End Up? »
- Maleny Wood Expo 20th Anniversary »
- Does Timber High-Rise Equal High Risk? »
- Norwegian Project Breaks Tall Wood Building Record »
- 2015 Australian Timber Design Award »
- Change Accelerates 'Wood First' Policies »
- New Year, New Products »
- Cleaner Transport »
- New Label Makes Recycling Easy »
- Awake to the Fun of Recycling »
- A Rock 'N' Roll Tree Day »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- The art of upcycling »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »
- Turning Trash Into Treasure »