Business Recycling turns ten!
Author: Alejandra Laclette
In 2010, Planet Ark launched the Business Recycling website with the purpose of creating a national online recycling and waste disposal directory. Ten years later the platform is helping more Australian businesses than ever before.
BusinesRecycling.com.au contains Australia-wide listings of re-use and recycling collection, drop-off locations and services in one easy to access site. Businesses can easily join the free program to access advice on resource management options, from on-site equipment to collection services for different waste streams.
Businesses generate 20.4Mt of waste per annum in Australia compared to the 13.8Mt generated by households. The Business Recycling website equips business managers and owners with the information they need to divert as many of those resources as possible from landfill.
The Business Recycling website can also help small to medium businesses that do not have the big budgets of big companies to have access to resources that will help them make the best choice when it comes to sustainable resource management. Small to medium businesses are the backbone of Australia’s economy, but they also have the power to drive the transition to more sustainable practices and services.
Planet Ark encourages all re-use, recycling, waste disposal and waste transport companies to take advantage of this free resource and list their services.
After managing the sustainability educational program at her corporate job in Mexico, Alejandra decided to move to Sydney and undertake a Master in Sustainable Development, while working as a Sustainability Consultant for a compostable packaging company. She's now Planet Ark's Recycling Label Program Manager.
- 5 ways to get an eco-friendly canteen »
- Sydney schools join circular waste stream program that turns plastic into roads »
- Top tips for living sustainably in a new world »
- A sustainable start to school »
- Five things you shouldn't put in the recycling bin - ever! »
- 8 ways to spring clean sustainably »
- Climate activism empowering youth worldwide »
- Get ready for the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
- Gillies Hall at Monash Uni wins gold at Melbourne Design Awards »
- New wood computer building at Coffs Harbour Christian Community Junior School »
- JCB Architects designs timber student accommodation complex at La Trobe Uni »
- Sydney Catholic school the first in Australia to be constructed out of mass timber »
- Monash Uni welcomes new CLT student accommodation »
- Consumers choose Planet Ark as Australia's most ethical and sustainable organisation »
- Clean up your waste with the Australasian Recycling Label »
- AFPA calls for 400,000 hectares of trees to be planted »
- New National Construction Code to increase demand for timber products »
- Tzannes adds to series of engineered timber buildings with design for UNSW »
- Important green dates for the 2019 school calendar »
- 4 dos and don'ts of creating behaviour change (part 1) »
- NSW EPA announces recycling, organics and infrastructures grants and awards »
- A new way to strengthen trust in recycling »
- Macquarie University Incubator wins major Educational Facilities Awards »
- Planet Ark urges Ipswich Council to reverse decision to send valuable materials to landfill - and the Council agrees »
- Planet Ark pays tribute to former Head of Campaigns, Brad Gray »
- Brock Commons - Mass Wood for the Masses »
- Schools Recycle Right Challenge Winners »
- The Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge Kicks Off »
- Celebrate Cool Australia's Enviroweek »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- Meet the Tree Day Team - We're Here to Help »
- WIN a $7,500 makeover for your school this National Tree Day! »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- Happy Eco-Easter! »